Monday, August 29, 2011

Flashbang!

For those that don't know, Hubs and I are avid firearms enthusiasts.  We are both licensed to carry a concealed firearm in our home state.  While Hubs carries on a daily basis, I do not.  This has been because of several reasons.  The biggest reason has been that I'm not comfortable carrying concealed because I haven't found a holster that really keeps a firearm hidden on my small frame.  And I refuse to carry in my purse, because I'm a total space cadet when it comes to setting my purse down and forgetting where it is.....if you have a loaded handgun in there, that is a major no-no!

So, Hubs approached me the other day with this wonderful contraption.  The Flashbang Holster.  It's a clever little holster that conceals your firearm between and just beneath your boobs.  Brilliant!  I did a little research, and after finding this blog,  Snowflakes In Hell,  and their review I was even more excited!



Problem is, I'm very small chested.  Very small chested meaning flat as a board, not quite an A cup small.  So, I'm reaching out to all of you to see if you or anyone you know happens to have itty-bitty boobies and use one of these bad boys.  I did try to convince Hubs that I need a set of boobies like this girl to go along with my LCP, but he seemed to think spending a couple grand right now was a little out of our price range.





Now, to address the questions people may or may not have about concealed carry.  I know not everyone is familiar with this, so in the interest of being informative (a real shocker on here!) here are a few key points about carrying a concealed firearm.

1.  You always have your firearm loaded and ready to shoot.  No racking the slide back, just pull your weapon and pull the trigger.  Some may argue that this isn't safe.  If you look at the holster and any holster worth it's salt, there is a trigger guard.....no way to touch the trigger until it is out of the holster.  Also, if you are under duress you will not have time to rack a slide.  The only time you should pull a firearm is if you are going to shoot it, and then there should be no hesitations.

2.  Anyone who is going to carry should practice, practice, practice, practice, practice.  Carry around your home, practice pulling your firearm often without shooting, go to the range and practice drawing your firearm and then shooting.  You have to be comfortable and familiar with a weapon you will be carrying around loaded.

3.  The model in the above video is not following manufacturers guidelines for putting the handgun back in the holster.  They recommend you remove the bra or holster entirely to re-holster your weapon.  I would personally not feel comfortable putting a loaded firearm back into the holster the way she did. 


Let me know if you have any info on how well this works for small chested women, like myself.  Even if I don't hear from others, I will probably be ordering one of these within a few months to try it out personally.  If it means I have to be forced to wear padded push-up bras, then so be it.....that shall be my cross to bear.  ;)  And also if you have any questions regarding guns in general, I'd be more than happy to try to answer them.  As I said we are firearm fans, but we are also huge supporters of safety education and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment