Thursday, August 25, 2011

Diva Cup continued!

Sorry about withholding updates about the Diva Cup!  Here is the promised review of my time using the Diva Cup......better late than never?

I have been using the Diva Cup during the day while on my period.  At night, I still prefer to use an overnight pad.....for some reason, my flow is a lot lighter when I am sleeping so I can do this comfortably.

Conclusion?  I LOVE MY CUP!  We recently went to an all day music festival and I had just started my period the night before.  This was going to be the ultimate test.  In my bag I had an extra pair of panties, tampons, and pads in a ziplock baggie just in case this failed.

I'm happy to say that with my moderate/heavy flow, I was able to wear the diva cup from 11am until 11pm without emptying it once and with no spotting or leaking!  It was amazing!  I went to the restroom several times during the day to check for any signs of leaking or overflow and was good to go all day.

While it does take a while to get used to dumping it and cleaning it, once you do it really is pretty darn nice.  The intial ick factor was easy to get over once I realized how nice it is not to change tampons every 4-6 hours.

So, my vote is Diva Cup is amazing!  Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to add your input/thoughts/experiences/whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment