Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coupon Moms

Okay, I'm a coupon mom.....but, I'm not a COUPON MOM!

What's the difference?  I don't feel the need to post on my twitter and facebook about all of the money I saved this month by using coupons and price matching.  I clip and print coupons when they are for stuff that I need and use.....and only then.  Couponing can be dangerous.  It can lull you into thinking that you need something just because you have a great coupon for it.  When in fact, the generic is still cheaper or you really don't need that product at all. 

I fell into the great deal trap a few months ago.  I found a coupon for the Scrubbing Bubbles Power Cleaner and decided I needed to try it out.  Now, I usually use Mrs. Meyer's Countertop Cleaner since I can buy the concentrate for 7 bucks and it'll get me through countless spray bottles to clean. 

I got maybe 4 or 5 cleanings out of the Scrubbing Bubbles thing and was not happy with the results after using it.  That was my lesson to stick with what I like with my coupons.....doesn't do any good to save money if it's for something you don't like or won't use!  My advice for the COUPON MOMS is to go watch some Hoarders to let you see what you'll end up like if you aren't careful!

Anyway, back to my rant about these COUPON MOMS.  Someone I know is always posting photos of all of the great things she got super cheap and sharing how much she saved this month between price matching and couponing.  Okay, seriously?  How in the hell do you have time to total up all of those savings?  I understand that grocers list what your coupon savings were this month, so that would be pretty easy to do.....but your saved money from price matching?  Really? 

AND, sorry to be blunt, but I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS!!!!  Last I checked, I didn't help pay for your groceries, so why do you think I need to hear about the money you saved?  Now, I realize this may sound like sour grapes, but that's not it at all.  We have become so over-sharing-y as a society that we think if we're excited about saving money, then everyone in the world wants to hear about it too!  Of course, you all want to read my bitchy rants, so of course that's different!  ;)   I save our family a large sum each month by using coupons, being frugal with purchases and doing without a new fancy car, new clothes, and many other things.  Do I think you want or need to hear about it?  No!  Many of you already know, because you are doing the exact same thing! 

Are you a coupon mom?  Or a COUPON MOM? 

No comments:

Post a Comment