Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Beginnings

As many of you may remember, I quit my job this spring to start on a new endeavor.  I have been really stretched thin this summer with working towards an entirely new career.  I have been driving roughly 2 1/2 hours each day to my classes, and have been lucky several days each week to even see my kiddos.  It has sucked big time.  Thankfully, there was a goal in sight and it was a rather short program to get my certification.
After graduating at the top of my class, I have now begun my new career and LOVE IT!  

I actually enjoy going to work and am not about to blow my brains out by the end of the day.  I have cut down my anti-depressants because of this new found sense of happiness.  I still get frustrated at home, but rarely do I scream at Lucy and Ethyl.  I rarely want to kick Hubs in the nut-sack....and when I do, it's totally justifiable!  I've lost several pounds, because I'm not constantly stuffing my face to make myself temporarily happy.  Most importantly, I am okay with being alive.  I no longer have to fight with my inner self over whether or not I deserve to be alive.  

In short, I'm doing okay.  

And while I left you all hanging this summer, it was only due to lack of time to sit down and really express myself.  I'm back.  And hopefully, I'll only be sharing stories to make you laugh until you cry or pee your pants.  And maybe a few that'll make you want to throw up in your mouth.  :)
One more thing, I knew that if I really needed to....if I started to backslide into the dark again, I could post what I was going through on here and would have blind support from all of my readers.  Many of you I haven't met.  And instead of being creepy, that's a really comforting thought.  That people who wouldn't even recognize me on the street, care about me and what I'm going through.  Thank you.

Now, back to stories about poop, sex, and bloody tampons.  

Mom Afire

P.S.  If you or anyone you know is struggling with depression, please go speak with your doctor.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you ask for help.  If you need someone to speak to, you may be surprised at who is willing to listen if you let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment